Historic theatres

Christopher and Ellen Tracy ctracy at UOGUELPH.CA
Tue Sep 22 09:00:38 EDT 1998

Leanore,
I believe you are thinking of the Historic Theatres' Trust, in Montreal.
They can be reached at PO Box 387, Station Vicotria Montreal, PQ H3Z 2V8,
(514) 933-8077.  They have a growing library and a great resource of
materials (photographs, primary documents, etc) that are available to
members.  Last I checked, the student membership was a reasonable $20, and
well worth what they offer (including a quarterly newsletter).

Janet MacKinnon is the founding president and is very willing to help out
students interested in the preservation and documentation of theatres,
especially in the Montreal area.  She was especially helpful when I did my
honours thesis on the Monument National while at McGill.

cheers,
Christopher Tracy

At 08:31 PM 21/09/98 EDT, you wrote:
>My son is doing a project on the Cinema Rialto in Montreal.
>
>I seem to recall that there is an association interested in the
>history and preservation of historic theatres and cinemas, but
>can't locate it.  Can anyone help me out?
>
>With thanks,
>Leanore Lieblein

Christopher & Ellen Tracy
ctracy at uoguelph.ca