cry of the actor

Stuart Scadron-Wattles stuartsw at WORLDCHAT.COM
Thu Sep 24 17:55:06 EDT 1998

Howard Beye wrote:
>Stuart
>Scadron-wattles has reported that in fact his company is engaged in this
>particular debate. But " Professional work is not a gentle arena" (
>status quo ) true enough but stuart are you happy with that?
        Stuart replies:
        yes. And that is not "status quo". It is what we have chosen for
our arena.

Howard Beye wrote:
>and does
>that rough arena produce the best theatre?
        Stuart replies:
        Other arenas can and have produced theatre just as brilliant and
compelling, in my experience. But this is the arena to which I am called,
so: It can and must produce the best theatre.... I trust you feel the same
about the arena in which you find yourself working.

**** Please note new office address below ****
Stuart Scadron-Wattles
Theatre & Company
P.O.Box 876
27 King Street West
Kitchener, ONT  N2G 4C5
(519) 571-7080
(519) 571-9051 (fax)

For the latest in Theatre & Company news, look us up on Stage Door:
<http://www.stage-door.org/the&co.html>