Message from Internet

Guillermo Verdecchia GLV at COMPUSERVE.COM
Mon Sep 28 18:14:27 EDT 1998

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

RE:     Message from Internet

Sender: mckatz at iname.com
From: mckatz at iname.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:19:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: info at playwrightsworkshop.org, cdplays at interlog.com, apn at nucleus.com,
        newdram at aol.com, parc at chebucto.ns.ca, p.osullivan at bradford.ac.uk,
        infinite at generation.net, paul_thain at compuserve.com,
        72102.447 at compuserve.com, cpt at en.com, kentniche at aol.com,
        dcelcs at hofstra.edu, theatrekw at aol.com, peekaboo at i-see-you.com

Dear Colleague,

I enclose a notice for an international playwriting competition that you might like to let your members know about. Please note that there is a web page to update those interested in the competition. We are hoping to increase the sums awarded as we approach!
 the closing date for the competition.

Thank you for your trouble,

Michael Katz

               NOTICE OF COMPETITION

            International Playwriting
              Competition 2000:

            Plays for a New Millenium

     As part of the international celebrations for the new millenium The Committee for
     a New Millenium is holding a playwriting competition for plays in the English
     language.

     The winning playwright will receive $20,000 US. The final details of the award
     are currently being finalized. We hope to increase the sum offered.

     Plays should be submitted electronically to the e-mail address at the end of this
     web page.

     Scripts should be sent as a file attachment and preferably formatted in Microsoft
     Word, Mac, or Word Perfect. Please specify the word processing program you
     have used in a covering e-mail that includes your name and address. Submitted
     plays should be full-length.

     Submission is open to writers living anywhere in the world. Only original plays
     will be accepted. Plays should be received no later than October 1,  1999.

     The winning playwright will be announced early in the New Millenium (2000)on
     this web page address:

                   http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Booth/1303/

               Please submit scripts by e-mail to the following address:

               plays2000 at geocities.com

     Please Note:

          The organizors undertake to fully respect the copyright and the intellectual property of
          the authors of all submitted scripts.

          Under no circumstances will scripts be shown to any person other than an authorized
          reader or member of the judging panel.