Encylcopedia News

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Mon Jan 11 00:56:59 EST 1999

Hello All

Happy New Year and I hoped you had as pleasant and lazy a holiday as I did.
The discouragement (cum burn-out) thataccompanied the Canada Council
refusal has gone and I have had a burst of energy.

I have added two spanking new features to the site (which officially
launches January 12, BTW). The first is the famous "Reviews" section; an
archive of reviews (to come) from four different reviewers from across the
country (though not from the West, yet...Hey out there!). You can have a
look at how it works and check the guidelines out if you're interested in
submitting.

I have also added a section called "Documents of Interest in the History of
Canadian Theatre" which is small, for now (four documents) but should be
one more little thing to keep people coming back and using the site.

DON'T FORGET "HEAVENLY VOICES" FOR YOUR REGIONAL NEWS.

Meanwhile, people are coming - even during the holidays. The site has now
passed the 5000 hit mark which I think is terrific, considering it's not
even officially launched.

About the launch, I have sent out a dozen dossiers by mail, will hit the
fax tonight with some 20 more and will send out about 50 e-mails. If you
have anyone you think should be contacted, let me know.

Here's to a terrific 1999. And on to a bugless 2000 (and I AM concerned
about that, let me tell you).

New Profiles:
Theatre & Company (Company, Kitchener, Ontario)

Updates:
Madore, J.; Pelletier, G.; Pelletier, D.; Chislett, A.; Roy, J.; Parker,
L.; Bravos and Boos; Musical Theatre; Leger, V.; Atlantic Theatre Festival;
Bawtree, M.; Sources; Lafontaine, R.; Latulippe, G.; Momentum; Mighton, J.;
Stratford festival; Pennell, N.; Ontario; Collective Creation; "Ines Peree
et Inat Tendu"; Theatre du Trident; Colley, P.; Gauvreau, P.; Automatistes;
Refus Global; Hunter, M.; Tifo, M.; Houde, G.; Mouawad, W.; Bealieu, M.;
Beaulne, M.; Guerin, M.; Turgeon, M.; Maillet, A.;  de Andrea, G.; Godin,
J.;  Besre, J.; Pallascio, A.; Pomerlo, M.; Drapeau, S.; Ronfard, A.;
Theatre Niveau Parking; Chaurette, N.; Lalonde, R.; Roy, S.; Caron, M.;
Phillips, R.; Hirsch, J.; Davies, R.; Bedford, B.; Cronyn, H.; Moss, P.;
Kareda, U.; Henry, M.; Plummer, C.

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the WWW)
http://www.canadiantheatre.com