Curtain Up

Clair Sedore 927121 at ICAN.NET
Tue Jan 19 18:37:24 EST 1999

I did send this message previously but I think to the incorrect address, so
if you have read this, please, please forgive me, as I did not get a copy.

A new member,

Clair Sedore

Please let me introduce myself to you. My name is Clair Sedore. I am the
author of a book on 50 years of theatre in Toronto, New York and London,
called "Give 'Em The Old Razzle Dazzle (50 Years of Theatre and
Footlights)," as well as free monthly theatre ezine also called "Give 'Em
The Old Razzle
Dazzle,"(http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/peterpoullos/index.html)
subscribe927121 at ican.net
 I spent many years doing the bookkeeping for Global Village Theatre and A
Space here in Toronto, including Government Grant forms etc., so have a
good knowledge of the workings of theatre, as well as being an insatiable
theatre fan. I realize what our theatrical industry is missing and would
like to offer my help by way of a new important newsletter.

THIS IS TO INTRODUCE A NEW EZINE CALLED "CURTAIN UP," (Job Postings for
Theatre,Television and Films) - an email subscription ezine (or snail mail
at a slightly higher fee due to postage),  covering career opportunities in
theatre and films, including auditions, show openings, work shops and
classes, playwrights, grants, volunteers needed, voice overs, career
opportunities, film projects including extras, including "out of town. "
THIS IS A MUST FOR ACTORS, MUSICIANS, DESIGNERS AND TECHNICIANS.
Our website is: http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/clairsedore/

Our first issue will be sent out MARCH 15, 1999, or maybe earlier as the
job postings are coming in very quickly, and will be sent out the 15th and
30th of each month thereafter, with a HOT LIST being sent out in case of a
very important notification or job offering.

Deadline for postings in the first issue will be March 10th , 1999.
ALL LISTINGS FOR THEATRES, FILM COMPANIES ETC., ARE FREE up to 100 words.
Information should include date, time, place, phone number(s), fax (if
wanted), name of contact person, email address, etc.
All you have to do is email927121 at ican.net with the information about your
auditions, show openings, job opportunities, volunteers needed, etc., to us
before the date listed above and we will include your announcement in our
next issue.

SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE $20.00 PER YEAR (24 issues) by Email, or $30.00 per year
by snail mail.
Enhanced Advertising rates are 10.00 per issue (100 words or less) or three
ads for 25.00
 CHEQUES OR MONEY ORDERS PAYABLE TO: CLAIR SEDORE, 810-85 THE ESPLANADE,
TORONTO, ONTARIO M5E 1Y8, CANADA  Telephone (416)868-6628
Fax (416)868-3007

IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR EMPLOYEES IN THE ACTING (THEATRE OR FILM),
MUSICIANS, OR TECHNICAL PROFESSIONS PLEASE LET THEM KNOW OF THIS IMPORTANT
PUBLICATION.

Our goal is to provide reliable information for theatres, actors,
technicians, designers, playwrights, and all others interested in the
theatrical arts.
We already have job listings from such prestige companies as Much Music,
Bravo and Showcase for musicians (jazz,classical,dance,hip hop, R & B),
dancers, actors, teacher for undergraduate courses in English Language and
Literature, a General Manager and Producer for a prominent Toronto Theatre
Company.

This could be the best $20.00 you will ever spend.

Yours very truly,
Clair Sedore, Editor
Peter Poullos, Assistant Editor

CURTAIN UP-Job Listings for Theatre,Television and Films-bimonthly
ezine-subscribe 20.00-cheque/m.o.:Clair Sedore,
810-85 The Esplanade,Toronto,Ont.M5E 1Y8,Canada
GIVE 'EM THE OLD RAZZLE DAZZLE-free  monthly theatre ezine on 50 years of
theatre/Toronto,NYC,London-subscriberazzle<927121 at ican.net
MAKE MONEY 4 LIFE-http://www.bigfoot.com/~clairsedore