Encyclopedia News; June 27

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun Jun 27 00:28:07 EDT 1999

Hello All

Fringing, still.

The deadline for the Favourite Canadian Plays survey has come and gone and
if I ever get an idea like that again, somebody shoot me. I can't decide if
I explained things badly or if people were being strategically obtuse about
what I was trying to do. It finally makes no nevermind and has provided, at
the very least, a nice reading list (resembling in no way a canon...and even
if it does...).

I am still looking for scouts in regions across the country to contact
theatre companies, nab their e-mail addresses and send them on to me. This
will go toward creating the National Theatre Calendar and Registry. For this
service, I'll put you in the masthead
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/mastehad.html) as contributor to the
project, should it go ahead.

Also, don't forget Heavenly Voices
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html) for your regional news
or for job postings.

New Features:
The Visitors' Reading List: The list of plays that were mentioned by more
than one person in the Ten Favourites survey.
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/v/visitorslist.html)

Updates:
Reviews (Ottawa and Montreal Fringe Festivals); Thea-Tricks; Heavenly
Voices; Shakespeare; Young, D.; Short, M.; Copithorne, M.; Wright Family
(John); Just For Laughs; Filiatrault, D.; Desgagnes, Y.; Sorgini, L.;
Lavallee, D.; Accolas, C.; King, R.; Henry, M.

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to blajeune at total.net with the subject heading
"Mailing list"