Perspectives (Volume 2, number 6) - Federal Budget offers modest relief for humanities and social sciences (fwd)

Richard Plant rplant at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Mar 1 07:52:42 EST 1999

Hello everyone:

This is the latest edition of "Perspectives," a publication prepared under
the intiatives of HSSFC. You will see a lot about funding, but may be less
than cheered by the science-directed nautre of it. You will likely be
cheered by the strong interventions by the HSSFC led by President Louise
Forsyth on behalf of humanities and social sciences. You will also be
cheered, I expect as I am, by the emphasis being placed on support for
students.

Maybe it's time to be writing letters to various offices to express your
views on any of these matters. If our discipline is silent, it will be
seen to be inactive and unimportant.

Richard Plant
Dept of Drama, Queen's University
and