Encyclopedia News; February 6

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun Feb 6 17:50:39 EST 2000

Hello All

Well, big news: for the first week in the brief history of this enterprise,
we have passed 8,000 visitors; January 23-29 saw 8,098 to be precise. I am
over the moon. This beats my most optimistic predictions for growth by about
200% (and represents a one-year growth in traffic of about 1000%). We've got
a train here, folks - let's ride it!

Okay, let me tamp down the giddiness for a moment...

There should be two big additions to announce over the next weeks and the
apparent smallness of the output this week has a lot to do with work towards
the future.

New Profiles:
Taylor, Kate  (Critic) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/a/ashleya.html)
Ashley, Audrey (Critic)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/t/taylork.html)

Updates:
Reviews (4 added); Calendar (1 production added); Thea-Tricks; Links;
Heavenly Voices; Theatre des Varietes (closing of); Latulippe, G.;
Montpetit, P.; McKenna, S.; Potter, M.; Massing, C.; Newfoundland; "A Short
History of Night"; Criticism; Brooks, D.; "Suburban Motel"; Blake, M.

If you would like a copy of the entire list of profiles, I can send it to
you by e-mail. Also if, for teaching etc., you'd like all the Thea-Tricks
questions and answers since the beginning, that's available too.  (Both at
no charge like all services provided by canadiantheatre.com.)

Don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings or
audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

Announce your show!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidlines.html) If you want
to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atoc99.html)

Register your link too!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/links/linksguidelines.html)

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to blajeune at total.net with the subject heading
"Mailing list"; if you wish to be removed from this mailing list, simply