Encyclopedia News, February 27

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun Feb 27 17:20:26 EST 2000

Hello All

Letter of the week:
"Hi!! My name is ********, and i love Colm Feore. PLEASE answer me:
WHAT'S THE BIRTHDATE OF COLM FEORE???
Please, please, please,. please... Answer me!! For the love of God (or even
"ANDRE LINOGE"!!!!) Please!!!! WHAT'S THE BIRTHDATE OF COLM FEORE??
Well, my e-mail is: ***********
PLEASE!!! ...And... If you want, send me some links of him (pictures), ok??
Well... I will waiting for your answer, but, please, don't forget of me!!!!
PLEASE!!! I LOVE COLM FEORE!!!!!   THANK YOU!!!  KISSES!! BYE BYE!!! AND...
THANK YOU AGAIN!!"

When do you cross the fine line between fan and...

Meanwhile, after a long dry period, we finally have another winner for
Thea-Tricks. David Cheoros of Edmonton merits himself a magnificent Canoe
Prize Pack. Come and play this week's game...
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/theatricks.html)

Also, the easiest way to nominate a person for the encyclopedia is to take
the bio in the program for the latest show that person has performed in and
to type it into an e-mail. I take this information, go into my own warehouse
of reviews and info, and the profile is almost done. For this service, you
are listed as a contributor and put in the masthead.

New Features:
So You Want to Work in Canadian Theatre!!??
We went to theatre professionals across the country and asked them about
their work (so young people considering a career in theatre would get the
news - good and bad - from the horses' mouths). You will want to have a look
because the people who responded to our questionnaire really opened up. They
have, too, provided a magnificent service. IF YOU KNOW HIGHSCHOOL TEACHERS -
PLEASE LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THIS NEW PROJECT! They respondents so far are:
Joel Greenberg (director/teacher, Toronto)
Vivienne Laxdal (playwright/actor, Ottawa)
Spike Lyne (designer/technician, Montreal)
Alvina Ruprecht (critic/teacher, Ottawa)
Goldie Semple (actor, Toronto)
Guillermo Verdecchia (actor/playwright/teacher, Toronto)
Anton Wagner (teacher/academic/writer, Toronto)

New Profiles:
Ship's Company Theatre (Company)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/s/shipscompanytheatre.html)
Breon, Robin (Critic) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/b/breonr.html)

Updates:
Teachers' Guide; Reviews (3 added); Calendar (4 productions added); Heavenly
Voices; Thea-Tricks; Masthead; Glassco, B.; Shakespeare; "Salt-Water Moon";
French, D.; Newton, C.; Ball, M.; Schmuck, W.; "Counter Offence"; Laberge,
M.; Gass, K.; Campion, J.; Children's Theatre; Centaur Theatre;  "Encore une
fois, si vous le permettez"; Barbeau, F.; Dubois, RD; Monument National;
Buissonneau, P.; "2 Pianos, 4 Hands"; Gold, M.; Gesser, S.; Cabana, E.;
"Cabaret Neiges Noires"; Cailloux, A.; Caldwell, Z.; Canac-Marquis, N.;
Canada Council; Alberta; Carbone 14; Caron, JF: Caron,  M; Nova Scotia;
Brennan, K.; Eastern Front Theatre; Vingoe, M.; Ledoux, P.; "Artichoke";
McNair, R.; Thomson, RH; Criticism; Les Conservatoires d'Art Dramatique de
Quebec; Casabonne, JF; Guilbeault, L.; "Something Red";  Leger, R.; Girard,
M.; Shakespeare;  Garneau, M.; Translation; Allen, M.; Guy, J.

If you would like a copy of the entire list of profiles, I can send it to
you by e-mail. Also if, for teaching etc., you'd like all the Thea-Tricks
questions and answers since the beginning, that's available too.  (Both at
no charge like all services provided by canadiantheatre.com.)

Don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings or
audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

Announce your show!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidlines.html) If you want
to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atoc99.html)

Register your link too!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/links/linksguidelines.html)

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com If you want to join the Encyclopedia's
mailing list (and get information before anyone else as well as the Monday
Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey), simply send an e-mail to
blajeune at total.net with the subject heading "Mailing list"; if you wish to
be removed from this mailing list, simply reply to this e-mail with the
subject heading: "Remove"