Virtual Reference Library

Lee Ramsay lramsay at TPL.TORONTO.ON.CA
Wed Jan 12 13:25:14 EST 2000

Colleagues:

Just to let you know you can now access the Virtual Reference Library, Toronto Public Library's guide to the internet, at:

http://vrl.tpl.toronto.on.ca

To locate theatre sites on the VRL, choose Arts, then Theatre.  We've taken a best-of-the-web approach to selecting sites with an emphasis on Canadian content, and have arranged them in categories to suit practitioners, researchers and theatre-goers.  You can also search by keyword, but as this is a new feature, I don't think it is all that reliable yet.  We're about to add a new category, Libraries and Museums, for sites about theatre collections.

I'd appreciate any comments on what we've selected and how we've arranged the sites.  Also, if you know a great site that's not listed or have another category to suggest, please send the information along.

Happy surfing!

Lee Ramsay
Performing Arts Centre
Toronto Reference Library