Mackenzie's statement

Geraldo Ferreira de Lima gdelim at PO-BOX.MCGILL.CA
Sun Jan 23 09:57:54 EST 2000

Dear members of CANDRAMA List.

As this list is supposed to the discussion of themes related to Canadian
Drama/Theatre, sorry, beforehand, for asking a question not directly related
neither to Drama nor to Theatre...

Some days ago I read somewhere that a former Canadian PM Mackenzie stated
something like this:
"The problem of Canada is that it has much geography and little history".

Unfortunately, the place where I read it did not give any reference. As
there are three former Prime Ministers with Mackenzie in their full names -
Sir Mackenzie Bowell, Alexander Mackenzie, William Lyon Mackenzie King - I
do not know which of them this statement is related to.

As I also have no idea about the context in which this statement was done,
would someone mind tell me where I could find the right author and place
related to such a statement? If it is not possible, could someone
'introduce'
me to a CANHISTORY List so that I could try to get an answer to it?

All my best and many thanks in advance,

Geraldo Ferreira de Lima
3959 rue Éthel
Verdun  QC