for Maria Ganeva

Ches Skinner skinner at ULETH.CA
Tue Jul 18 17:25:26 EDT 2000

I am assistant professor at the National Academy of Film and Theatre
Arts
in Sofia ,(subjects:acting and  directing.)

Three years ago I applied for Canadian Immigrant visa for permanent
residence and a month ago I  got this visa. Presently, I am making plans
move my family (my daughter and I) to Canada, so I hope to be there
in  next ten days.That is why I want to make some preliminary inquiries
into
employment possibilities in  Theatre departments in Canadian
institutions.

I graduated from the St. Petersburg Academy of Theatre, Film and Music
Art
in 1983. My major Professor was the prominent Russian  drama director
Georgy Tovstonogov. I spent five years at the Academy getting my Master
of
Arts degree there, specializing in  directing. When I came back to
Bulgaria I staged more than 20 plays in various professional theatres,
among them plays by Chekov, Miller, Willliams, Synge, and
Petrushevskaya.
Subsequently I returned again to study at the same academy and received
my
Ph.D. I worked closely with world famous russian drama director Lev
Dodin
at the Malii Drama Theatre.

I have been trained in Stanislavski's Method . As a result I am
particularly competent in staging psychological drama and I am running
master classes using Stanislavski's technique. This includes various
exersices for improving the actor`s sensibility, the unique Method of
action analysis and its application to all steps of building the
character.
My pedagogical experience includes both training actors from the
beginning
to advanced and master level and training drama directors( thorough
script
analysis,approaches of creating the image of the scene and all special
features of directing actors.)

If you know about any openings please let me know <irinna at bol.bg>

Sincerely yours,
Maria Ganeva