Encyclopedia News; June 1

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Fri Jun 2 00:00:48 EDT 2000

Hello All

I am very pleased to announce that Anton Wagner has accepted my invitation
to join the Advisory Board for The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW/canadiantheatre.com. Anton is a frequent contributor to the project, not
to mention a great source of advice and help; you may remember me raving
about his profile of Fortune and Men's Eyes a few weeks ago. He is an
academic, television producer, director, writer and teacher and if you'd
like to know more about him, you can have a look at his Q&A at
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/questions/wagnerq.html).

Because of the openings of the big festivals, there were many, many, many
updates this week. My, it would be nice to relax a little...but CanThea
moves on...

Things will be a little slower at The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on
the WWW
the next couple of weeks as I am Fringing.

Have a good weekend.

New Profiles:
Lemay, Jacques (Director/Choreographer)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/l/lemayj.html)
Canadian College of Performing Arts
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/c/canadiancollege.html)

Updates:
Heavenly Voices; Thea-Tricks; Reviews (3 added); Sources; Calendar (one
festival added); So you want to work in Canadian theatre?; Audrey Butler
becomes Alec Butler; Education; British Columbia; Charlottetown Festival;
Maalouf, J.; MacDermott, G.; Macdonald, B.; Ma Chere Pauline; MacInnis, A;
"Mademoiselle Rouge"; "Maggie and Pierre"; Magny, M.; Maheu, G.; Mair, C.;
Maison Theatre; Massey, W.; Matis, B.; Caron, M.; Monette, R.; Maxwell, R.;
Mazumdar, M.; McCormack, E.; McKim, A.; "Medium saignant"; "The Melville
Boys"; Mendelsohn, H.; Mermaid Theatre; Blais, MC; Mitchell, WO;  Theatre
les gens d'en bas; Laberge, M.; Coquereau, P.; Fruitier, E.; Lafontaine, R.;
Picard, B.; Campbell, B.; Children's Theatre; Munro, N.; Waxman, A.;
Farrell, R.; Mezon, J.; Newton, C.; Semple, G.; Flett, S.; "Still Stands The
House"; Gay and Lesbian Theatre; Radio Drama; Primus Theatre

If you would like a copy of the entire list of profiles, I can send it to
you by e-mail. Also if, for teaching etc., you'd like all the Thea-Tricks
questions and answers since the beginning, that's available too.  (Both at
no charge like all services provided by canadiantheatre.com.)

Don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings or
audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

Announce your show in The National Theatre Calendar and Registry (NATHCARE)!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidelines.html) If you
want to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atoc99.html)

Register your link too!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/links/linksguidelines.html)

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com If you want to join the Encyclopedia's
mailing list (and get information before anyone else as well as the Monday
Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey), simply send an e-mail to
blajeune at total.net with the subject heading "Mailing list"; if you wish to
be removed from this mailing list, simply reply to this e-mail with the
subject heading: "Remove"