Encyclopedia News; March 31

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Fri Mar 31 19:53:46 EST 2000

Hello All

A fairly quiet week so quite a lot of work got done in various directions.
The second of my spring surprises is about to be announced so stay tuned.
(Meanwhile, the new section "So You Want To Work in Canadian Theatre", is
getting a lot of positive feedback and may actually be helping some teachers
out there - if you're one of them, let me know!)

The Calendar continues to do well but to avoid the flood we got last autumn
with all the theatres wishing to register their new seasons at the same
time, we are asking companies to register now, as soon as their dates are
organized. We know that many participating companies have already announced
their line-ups and are about to sell subscriptions which usually means the
dates are being set - so contact us as soon as possible; you can register
dates up to June 30, 2001. (In passing, we notice that there is a shortage
of new-play development...)

Also, we are still looking for a spy in the Maritimes to keep us abreast of
trends, people, places and productions. If you would like to fill this spot,
please contact us.

New Profiles:
Canadian Improv Games
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/c/canadianimprovgames.html)
Dennis, Charles (Actor/Playwright)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/d/dennisc.html)

Updates:
Calendar (3 productions added); Reviews (2 added); Thea-Tricks; Links;
Heavenly Voices; Just For Laughs; Wayne, J.; Shuster, F.; Pickford, M.;
Plummer, C.; Burroughs, J.; Mouawad, W.; Miller, M.; Godin, J.; Bergeron,
A.; Houde, G.; Casabonne, JF; Denoncourt, S.; Theatre de l'Opsis; Frechette,
C.; Faucher, M.; Vajda, S.; Carrefour International de Theatre; Hebert, A.;
Proteau, R.; Miller, R.; Les Conservatoires d'Art Dramatique de Quebec;
Lepage, R.; Lefebvre, P.; MacIvor, D.; Falcon, MH; Theatre Ubu; Fennario,
D.; Farrell, R.; "Les Fees ont soif"; Ferron, J.; Ferry, D.; Fineberg, L.;
Fleury, K.; "Florence"; "Fortune and Men's Eyes"; "Blood Relations";
"Creeps"; "Ever Loving"; "Of the Fields, Lately"; "Riel"; Children's
Theatre; Freeman, D.; Fruitier, E.; Criticism; Gadouas, D.; Gagnon, H.;
Galloway, P.; Garber, V.; Translation; Girard, B.; Goldby, D.; "Goodnight
Desdemona (Good Morning, Juliet)"; MacDonald, AM; Grand Theatre, Quebec;
Graves, W.; Gray, J.; Peterson, E.; Olivier, JC; Wasserman, B.; Prairie, L.;
Prinsloo, I.; Carlson, L.; Haslam, J.; Frankish, L.; Baker, B.;
Newfoundland; French Language Theatre Outside of Quebec; Elliot, L.;
Coleman, L.; Moodie, A.; Boechler, D.; Lebeau, P.; Gilbert, S.;
Yaroshevskaya, K.; Ducharme, R.;  Greene, G.; Greene, L.; Green Thumb
Theatre for Young People; British Columbia; Grimaldi, J.; Groupe
Multidisciplinaire de Montreal; "La Guerre, Yes sir!"; Guthrie, T.; Kinch,
M.; Donkin, E.; Theatresports

If you would like a copy of the entire list of profiles, I can send it to
you by e-mail. Also if, for teaching etc., you'd like all the Thea-Tricks
questions and answers since the beginning, that's available too.  (Both at
no charge like all services provided by canadiantheatre.com.)

Don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings or
audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

Announce your show!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidlines.html) If you want
to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atoc99.html)

Register your link too!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/links/linksguidelines.html)

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com If you want to join the Encyclopedia's
mailing list (and get information before anyone else as well as the Monday
Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey), simply send an e-mail to
blajeune at total.net with the subject heading "Mailing list"; if you wish to
be removed from this mailing list, simply reply to this e-mail with the
subject heading: "Remove"