Theatre History Slides

Richard Sutherland richard_sutherland at POP.MINDLINK.NET
Mon May 1 12:05:07 EDT 2000

I teach a survey course in modern theatre history at UBC, but feel hampered
by the lack of visual aids. I am considering assembling a slide collection
(apparently there are some funds available for such a project), but I'm not
sure of the best way to go about this. I have been told there are some
supply houses in the States that provide such material, but I have doubts
whether any such provider would have the particular sort of material I'm
looking for (a good representation of a Restoration stage, for example, or
a good example of an "epic" theatre staging). The other alternative, and
the one I'm favouring, is to collect the material, which is readily
available in books, and have someone make slides of it. If anyone out there
has had to deal with a similar problem, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from
you.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Richard Sutherland