Encyclopedia News; May 12

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Thu May 11 22:38:17 EDT 2000

Allo all

Here's the definition of torture: working six years on a project and see it
damn near go up in flames because of minor technical glitches. Call it Y2K2,
or the I Love You Virus, or goblins in the system, the site could not be
updated for a grinding 14 days and the updated files (hundreds of them)
simply accumulated on my hard drive. It was sheer agony.

Well, it looks like we are through it and as a kind of thank-you for putting
up with it, I have added a fun new feature: a graphic time-line (which
doubles as a Canadian theatre history click-fest). It was put together with
much advice from the Advisors for The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on
the WWW and I thank them all for the input.

If anyone wants to know what a "dream profile" for the Encyclopedia would
look like to me, they don't have to go much further than that written by
Anton Wagner for "Fortune and Men's Eyes"
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/f/fortuneandmenseyes.html). Head and
shoulders over what I had written myself, it also happens to be one of the
most complete (and, especially, interesting) histories of a play I have ever
read.

New Features:
Canadian Theatre Timeline - A Click-Fest!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/t/timeline.html)

New Profiles:
Vincent, Isabelle (Actor) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/v/vincenti.html)
Goulet, Michel (Designer) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/g/gouletm.html)

Updates:
Reviews (3 added); Calendar (1 production added); Links; Teacher's Guide;
Thea-Tricks; Heavenly Voices (Seasons); Masthead; History; Miller, J.;
Standjofski, H.; Teesri Duniya; Pomrenski, J.; Mouawad, W.; "Un oiseau
vivant dans la gueule"; "One Night Stand"; "On the Job"; Orenstein, J.;
"Oscar Remembered"; Ottawa Little Theatre; Ouellette, R.; Theatre-Club;
Sabourin, M.; "La Sagouine"; Saia, L.; Saint-Amand, M.; Salutin, R.; Cohen,
N.; Sauvageau, Y.; Savoie, P.; Schmidt, G.; Scott, DC; Goulet, M.;
Lachapelle, A.; McClemens, J.; Desgagnes, Y.; Chaurette, N.; Chasse, H.;
Vincent, J.; Pallascio, A.; Pomerlo, M.; Asselin, J.; Omnibus; Nouveau
Theatre Experimental; Crombie, J.; Maraden, M.; Frankish, L.; Factory
Theatre; Second City;  duMaurier World Stage Festival; Mykytiuk, L.;
Winnipeg Jewish Theatre; Alberta Theatre Projects; Manitoba; Primus Theatre;
Gascon, J.; Faucher, F.; Oligny, H.; Hebert, P.; Duceppe, J.; Godin, J.;
Blouin, P.; Pelletier, G.; Marleau, L.; Millaire, A.; Miller, M.; Sutto, J.;
Rozet, F.; Guilbeault, L.; Lemieux, JM; Moliere; Turcot, L.; Gadouas, D.;
Prefontaine, C.; Provost, Guy

If you would like a copy of the entire list of profiles, I can send it to
you by e-mail. Also if, for teaching etc., you'd like all the Thea-Tricks
questions and answers since the beginning, that's available too.  (Both at
no charge like all services provided by canadiantheatre.com.)

Don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings or
audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

Announce your show!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidelines.html) If you
want to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atoc99.html)

Register your link too!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/links/linksguidelines.html)

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com If you want to join the Encyclopedia's
mailing list (and get information before anyone else as well as the Monday
Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey), simply send an e-mail to
blajeune at total.net with the subject heading "Mailing list"; if you wish to
be removed from this mailing list, simply reply to this e-mail with the
subject heading: "Remove"