Need help

MK Piatkowski mkp at INTERLOG.COM
Mon Sep 11 14:58:05 EDT 2000

I need to locate some information and I'm hoping someone will help. I am a
theatre director in Toronto who is planning to take the one-year
post-graduate course in directing at the National Institute of Dramatic
Arts (NIDA) in Sydney, Australia. The course is so demanding I will be
unable to work while I'm there. I am currently looking for 3 things:

1. I am looking for a bursary to cover tuition and living expenses. I am
ineligible for Canadian arts grants for this project and because I am 33
years old and didn't finish my degree (which NIDA is willing to overlook
because of my professional experience), I am not eligible for most
scholarships. If anyone knows any avenue I can pursue in terms of funding,
I would really appreciate the information - especially if you know a
philanthropist who would be willing to underwrite the education of a
promising director! :O)

2. Cheap fares from Toronto to Sydney. I will need to make 3 round-trip
flights during this period. I probably will be eligible for student rates
on the last 2 trips, but not the first.

3. Freelance work to cover moving costs. Currently I am looking for 2 types
of projects - Access database design and computer training in Microsoft
Office. I don't have certification (which makes classroom work difficult to
get) but I have just finished doing individual training sessions for the
administrative staff of a government ministry and I used to do distance
training for a third-party marketing company in computer software, sales
and management skills. I also recently designed a couple of databases in
Access 2000, however, I have no experience working on a server-based
application. If you know of anyone in the Toronto area who could use my
skills, or someone who is willing to enter a remote arrangement, could you
please pass this on.

Thanks!
MK Piatkowski
Every man has his own destiny; the only imperative is to follow it, to
accept it, no matter where it leads him.
-Henry Miller