Jace van der Veen

Bruce Barton bbarton at IS.DAL.CA
Thu Sep 14 10:58:37 EDT 2000

At 4:23 PM -0600 9/13/00, Moira day wrote:
>        I recently received word through the Theatre Alberta newsletter
>that Jace van der Veen, the former Artistic Director of Northern Light
>Theatre died on July 23, 200 after a 6 month battle with cancer.

I had the distinct pleasure of working with Jace when he was a guest artist
at Memorial University's School of Fine Arts.  Our contact was minimal, but
it allows me to fully concur with Moira's depiction of his warmth, energy,
and intelligence.  The students created a wonderfully freewheeling
_Caucasian Chalk Circle_ under his generous and creative guidance.

He will, indeed, be missed.

Bruce.

Bruce Barton
Dalhousie University