Looking for a play

Morag Carnie mcarnie at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Aug 16 17:09:54 EDT 2001

According to the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com - a great resource!), the 1944 movie "Between Two Worlds", starring John Garfield et al. was made from the play "Outward Bound" by Sutton Vane.

If you click on Vane's name, you discover that an earlier (1930) movie was made of the same play, this time under the title "Outward Bound", starring Leslie Howard and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.  There's a lengthy review on the page for this movie, which remarks that Howard was reprising his Broadway role.

The URLs for the pages:
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0036641  ("Between Two Worlds")
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Vane,+Sutton (Sutton Vane)
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0021225   ("Outward Bound")