bibliographic software etc

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Sat Sep 29 21:43:44 EDT 2001

Well... never say never . . .

(1) More on Endnote, Procite, and Reference Manager:

I don't own any of the software.  I still don't know how they are really
different from each other or which difference/s is/are significant (no
doubt it also depends on the user).  I'm not endorsing any of the products
but here's some more info:

The company which makes Endnote, Procite, and Reference Manager is ISI
Rearchsoft in California.  Their website is at
http://www.isiresearchsoft.com  You can read the product info there and
even download trial copies of all three programs but they want you to give
them a batch of personal information.  I'm an ornery kind of person who
would like to avoid giving out personal info as much as possible so I
didn't download anything from them.  I did, however, find a U.K. software
seller's site through a search engine which will allow you to download the
trial programs *without* requiring you to fill out personal information
like mailing address etc. That site is:
http://www.adeptscience.co.uk/custserv/downloads.html

That's all I have on this.  Happy researching!

(2) re Nota Bene:  I had the chance to used the earlier DOS version of it
and noticed it has some neat word-processing features.  It can do (at
least?) two sets of end notes for the same document, something which I've
never figured out if WordPerfect or MSWord can do or not.  (e.g. you can
have one set of notes designated by superscript numbers and one set by
superscript letters in the same document)  Out of curiosity, does anyone
know if Word or WP can do this?

Cheers, --- Kathy.