drama in education

Kathryn Brennan brenna3 at UWINDSOR.CA
Mon Apr 29 12:37:25 EDT 2002

----- Forwarded by Diana Mady Kelly/University of Windsor on 04/29/02 09:53
AM -----

                    Ablatner at aol.c
                    om                   To:     madykel at uwindsor.ca
                                         cc:
                    04/28/02 10:58       Subject:     drama in education
                    PM

Dear Dr. Maddy Kelly,  we met in 1989 at the OISE conference on drama in
education. Since then, I continue to write and work mainly as a
psychodramatist, but also seek to build bridges with drama therapy and
drama
in education.

     I seem to have lost touch with those whose vision is primarily away
from
scripted and rehearsed theatrical productions and towards improvised
process
for the people involved. (This was also the thrust of my book, "The Art of
Play"-- did you ever see it?)

       So many pressures or temptations on people to put on productions, to

write a play, etc. When I spoke to this vision, closer to Moreno's vision
in
his Theatre of Spontaneity, at the Texas Educational Theatre Association,
in
1996, it was well received, but not much acted on.

         Has there grown up a website, a listserve, a network of people
whose
emphasis in on improvisation rather than production, for the group itself
rather than an outside audience?  If you know anyone who shares this
vision,
please have them get in touch with me.. Thank you so very much.

              Sincerely Yours, Adam Blatner, M.D., Texas