FW: DDF

Gaetan Charlebois gaetan_charlebois at VIDEOTRON.CA
Tue Feb 19 00:40:34 EST 2002

Can anyone help this person?

Cheers.

Gaetan Charlebois

----------
From: "Walbohm, Samara" <Samara.Walbohm at bain.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:04:27 -0500
To: "'canadiantheatre at videotron.ca'" <canadiantheatre at videotron.ca>
Subject: DDF

Hi!
I am a PhD candidate at the Univ of Toronto and I am working on women's
writing in Toronto between the wars.  I have come across the DDF and am
wondering specifically about its reinstatement in 1947.  Was there any
particular group instrumental in the restart?  was there a group/individual
campaigning for the government assistance required for its restart?  I have
come across some archival information/correspondence between women
dramatists in TOronto in 1943/44 lobbying for provincial aid and citing the
Dominion Drama Festival as the main recipient of this proposed aid, but I am
unable to determine whether they were successful in their appeal, or the DDF
was reinstated for other reasons.

any information or redirection would be VERY helpful and very much
appreciated,

sincerely,

Samara Walbohm
(416) 485 5239