Fw: <no subject>

Denis Salter d.salter at VIDEOTRON.CA
Tue Jan 29 10:12:33 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Helen Gilbert" <h.gilbert at mailbox.uq.edu.au>

ROYAL HOLLOWAY
University of London

Department of Drama and Theatre

Lecturers

The Department of Drama and Theatre is an active research led department
offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.  Applications are
invited for two lectureships which are available from September 2002.

The successful candidates will make a full contribution to this highly rated
department.  They will have outstanding research potential, with a PhD
completed or near completion, as well as excellent skills in teaching and
administration.

Lecturer in Drama and Theatre (KB/2065)

Ideally applicants should offer special research interests which will extend
or complement the current strengths of the department.  These might include
American theatre and drama; Asian theatre; directing.  However applicants
with expertise in other areas of Drama and Theatre will also be considered

Lecturer in Drama and English (KB/2066)

The successful candidate will assist with the development of the joint
undergraduate degree in Drama and English.  S/he will be able to make a
contribution to the Drama Department teaching at undergraduate and
postgraduate level, will attract research students and will make a major
contribution to developing the Drama and English joint degree.  A research
interest in areas appropriate to both Drama and English (such as adapting
fiction for the stage) would be an advantage.

Previous professional theatre and/or university teaching experience would be
an advantage for both of these posts.

The salary for these posts is in the range £22401 to £26327 inclusive
depending on experience.

Further details and an application form are available from the Personnel
Department, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX;
tel: 01784 414241; 01784 473527; email: sue.clarke at rhul.ac.uk   Please quote
the appropriate reference number.

The closing date for the receipt of applications is Thursday 28 February
2002

We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.