1) role; 2) designer

Denis Salter d.salter at VIDEOTRON.CA
Tue Jun 4 21:17:56 EDT 2002

Do any of you know the role of Lord Englefield--which play?  Or is he an historical figure?  I am trying to help a friend identify a costume design of Vincent Massey in this role.  The design is signed "P.F."--a Canadian designer?  a Brit?  Might be pre World War I.  My friend has done the usual digging: read the bios. and autobios., consulted files at Massey, talked to Jennifer Surridge, asked various archivists and librarians in TO.
All leads, in both minor and major keys, will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Denis.

'The truth about war comes out twenty years after you died in it."--Richard J Needham, A Friend in Needham (1969), 43.
'The grim fact, however, is that we prepare for war like precocious giants and for peace like retarded pygmies"--Lester B Pearson in his acceptance speech for the Nobel Prize for Peace, Oslo, 11 December 1957.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Denis Salter
Professor of Theatre
McGill University