FIRT-IFTR website (International Federation for Theater Research)

Josette Féral feral.josette at UQAM.CA
Sun Mar 31 18:00:50 EST 2002

Announcing the International Federation for Theatre Research 's new website
www.firt-iftr.org

It is my pleasure to announce that the IFTR has a new website:
www.firt-iftr.org. We think it reflects the dynamism as well as the
diversity of our Federation. We tried to be as thorough and as precise as
we could. It contains details of the Federation's various activities
including:

Current and upcoming conferences and congresses (Amsterdam, Jaipur, St
Petersbourg)
Working groups (of which there are currently15)
The Federation's scholarly journal Theatre Research International which is
distributed in 50+ countries worldwide
The New Scholar's Prize awarded annually for the best article written by a
doctoral student under the age of 35
The New Scholars' Forum, providing a platform for younger members and
especially doctoral students to present their research

You will also find information about:

The Federation's history
Members of the Executive Committee
The Federation's constitution
How to join the Federation

Finally, there is also a section devoted to 'Research tools' . This section
is very important for us although it is still in development and will
remain so. We aim to make it into a valuable information site about
theatre-related research and resources. This section, which is currently
under construction, aims to reflect the wealth of theatre-related activity
throughout the world as well as within the Federation itself. We invite you
to contribute to it by sending to us any link that you think indispensable
for the field

We encourage you to visit the site,  to make it known around you and we
warmly invite you to join us at the official launch which will take place
during the General Assembly in Amsterdam on Friday 5 July at 16.00h.

Josette Féral
President
IFTR

www.firt-iftr.org is produced in partnership with DistinctHorizon