Another Inquiry

Alvina Ruprecht aruprech at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Tue Nov 5 14:10:06 EST 2002

Dear Scott et all colleagues on the list..
I am sure that Scott is a wonderful person and a good teacher etc etc
but when I put together new course I do a lot of research! I go to
bookstores, I get in touch with the Theatre companies themselves and
find out  what they are doing, I go to shows, I go through the TRIC,
Etudes theatreales /Essays in Theatre, and all the research on Canadian
theatre published  by so many  colleagues. I also look through
bibliographies and there is  the playwrights union, I would even contact
some of the playwrights or Theatre companies to see if they have other
works in the making...
After I have done all that work  myself, I hesitate to give it all to a
colleague no matter how worthy that colleague might be, -  unless my
lists and work are  already published somewhere or unless that colleague
is also  a friend. with whom I can exchange and learn something . Am I
being too selfish here?
Alvina Ruprecht
Carleton University