Call for Practical Workshops

Glen Nichols nicholsg at UMONCTON.CA
Thu Oct 31 08:53:23 EST 2002

CALL FOR PRACTICAL WORKSHOPS
As part of next year's ACTR (Association for Canadian Theatre Research) conference (May 28 to 31, 2003) at Dalhousie University in Halifax, we are soliciting proposals for practical workshops.  While these conferences have traditionally presented research into theatre history, theory and pedagogy, the purpose of the proposed workshops is to focus on theatre practice.  Workshop content could include such topics as movement, mask work, developing new plays, designing for alternative theatre spaces, or approaches to teaching in any of these areas.  We are open to any and all suggestions, keeping in mind that the workshops should emphasize a participatory and interactive approach.  Sessions are scheduled in 90-minute or one hour and forty-five-minute slots.
Proposals should be forwarded to the Theatre Practice Caucus (Claire Borody, Roxanne Dicke and Deborah Tihanyi) at roxanne.dicke at keyano.ca by no later than November 7, 2002.