My book on the Governors General of Canada

jnoonan jnoonan at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Sep 25 18:27:18 EDT 2002

Dear ACTR/ARTC Members:
I want to draw your attendtion to the fact that my book on the Governors
General of Canada is now in print. It is entitled Canada's Governors General
at Play: Culture and Rideau Hall from Monck to Grey, with an Afterword on
their Successors Connaught to LeBlanc (Ottawa: Borealis Press, 2002).
While there is much on theatre in the book, I have taken "culture" in a
broad sense, so that the book also explores art, music, sculpture,
literature, sport, entertainments, science, and community service under
these various representatives of the Crown.
Including an Introduction, an Index, and 45 illustrations, the book is 400
pages long.
It is available in both hardback ($49.95 Cdn/ $30.45 US) and paperback
($35.95 Cdn/ $25.95 US) editions.
The book may be ordered directily from the publisher at the following
address:
Borealis Press
7 Mohawk Crescent
Ottawa, ON
Canada  K2H 7G6
It may also be ordered online at Chapters bookstores.
I appreciate the information and support that many of you gave me while I
was working on this book.
Sincerely yours,
Jim Noonan