Fw: FOOT 2003 Schedule

Rebecca Burton becca_burton3 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 4 12:47:41 EST 2003

Hello

Here is the conference schedule for F.O.O.T 2003 (below). It is being held at the Graduate Centre for Study of Drama, at the University of Toronto, 214 College St., Koeffler Student Building, 3rd Floor, Robert Gill Theatre.

It should be a good one.

Cheers,

Rebecca

FOOT 2003
PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
Thursday March 6th

Performances    8:00 - 10:30 p.m.
Friday March 7th

Conference Registration / Meet & Greet 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.

Opening Remarks   Prof. John H. Astington  10:30 - 12:00 p.m.

Paper Panel I: Examining Traditional Forms
Moderator: Prof. Domenico Pietropaolo
Leanne Groenveld,  "In the Shadow of Silent Audiences: Performance and Seduction"
Virginie Magnat,  "Towards an Indigenous Ethnography of Performance"

Lunch Break      12:00 - 1:00 p.m.

Performance Paper I:    1:15 - 2:00 p.m.
Amy Franklin and Dan Levin,
"Dan & Amy: We Are Above Love (or Who's the Bitch?)"

Break

Paper Panel II:  Political Perspectives 2:15 - 3:30 p.m.
Moderator: Prof. Stephen Johnson
Nicholas Hanson, "4 Star Puppet Protest"
Darren O'Donnell, "Even A Broken Clock Occasionally Tells the    Correct Time"

Break

Performance Paper II:    3:45 - 4:30 p.m.
Julia Churchard, Aidã Jordao and Stephanie Lehmann
"Aeschylus & Mee"

Break

Keynote Address   Guest: Chuck Mike  5:00 - 6:00 p.m.

Performances (repeated)    8:00 - 10:30 p.m.

Post-Performance Reception   10:30 p.m.

Saturday March 8th

Paper Panel III:    New Directions in Theatre 10:00 - 11:15 a.m.
Moderator: Prof. Alan Filewod
Theresa L. Cowan, "Performing the Terrible: Traumatic Narrative and Postmodern Sensibility"
Maria Samuelson, "Woman's Image Versus Woman's Voice:
Toni Blackman and the Emerging Hip-Hop Theatre"
Ken Hudson, "Un-Popular Art: Local Stories and Spatial Narratives"

Break

Celebrity Panel     11:30 - 1:00 p.m.
Moderator: Prof. Bruce Barton
Featuring: Nina Aquino, Alan Filewod, Honor Ford-Smith,
Sky Gilbert, Djanet Sears and Guillermo Verdecchia.

Performances (repeated)    8:00 - 10:30 p.m.

Sunday March 9th

Performances (repeated)    2:00 p.m. PWYC

Pub/Reading/Open Forum   5:00 p.m.
Featuring Ann Holloway's "Kingstonia Dialecto Perverso"
an Open Mike event at O'Grady's Tap & Grill (171 College St.)
Everyone welcome!!