call for monographs

James Hoffman jhoffman at CARIBOO.BC.CA
Thu May 15 12:51:45 EDT 2003

Call for monograph proposals for the series

CRITICAL PERFORMANCE/S IN CANADA

published by

TEXTUAL STUDIES IN CANADA,
Canada's Journal of Cultural Literacy

Some of you will have seen the first in our series, Alan Filewod's
"Performing Canada: The Nation Enacted in the Imagined Theatre." It's an
excellent, seminal work! (If you don't have a copy, please contact our
secretary, Denise Comtois, at  dcomtois at cariboo.bc.ca, to obtain yours). We
will soon be publishing the second monograph--details to follow later.
Right now we are considering possible future monographs. If you have a
longish article in the works, or at least something you could complete
within a year, that discusses broad, theoretical issues of performance in
Canada based on analysis of selected performances, please contact us.
Initially all we want is a brief (one page or so) proposal outlining your
monograph. I am editing this series along with professor Katherine Sutherland.

Please send proposals/inquiries to:
James Hoffman
Textual Studies in Canada
University College of the Cariboo

jhoffman at cariboo.bc.ca

James Hoffman, Professor of Theatre
Dept. of Visual & Performing Arts
University College of the Cariboo
P.O. Box 3010, Kamloops, British Columbia
Canada, V2C 5N3
Voice 250-828-5315, Fax 250-371-5697
http://www.cariboo.bc.ca/ae/vpa/jhoffman/home.htm