canadian theatre history volume

Don Rubin drubin at YORKU.CA
Thu Feb 12 11:37:22 EST 2004

dear members of the list:

playwrights canada press has agreed to reprint my 1996 volume, canadian
theatre history: selected readings.

the volume was originally published by copp-clark which then sold out to
general. general kept it going until two years ago. the book has been
used widely both in and out of canada as a required text for canadian
theatre history courses. i received many reprint requests when it went
out-of-print.

i was delighted when pcp agreed to re-release it. with a little luck, it
will be out again this summer for fall/winter courses. the scans have
just come back. it is in process.

they are allowing me to update the bibliography and to make corrections.
because this is a re-release and not a new edition, i cannot add or
delete readings. hopefully, changes of that nature could be made for a
new edition that they might consider in the future.

for the moment, though, i would like to ask all my colleagues in the
community who may have used the volume to let me know of any typos or
errors that you may have found. i am really hoping that this version
will be error-free. with your help it can be.

i do have a list of 20 or so corrections at this point, many thanks to
the eagle eyes and reservoirs of knowledge of anton wagner and denis
salter.

any help that you can give on this would be appreciated. i need to get
everything to pcp by the end of february.

best to all.

don rubin