SSHRC Transformation Consultation

Anne Nothof annen at ATHABASCAU.CA
Fri Mar 12 14:03:33 EST 2004

Hello all interested parties.

I am reading with great interest the responses on Candrama to the SSHRC
transformation, since as President of ACTR/ARTC, I have been asked to
submit a response via the Canadian Association for Humanties and Social
Sciences forum on the subject, which will be held in Ottawa March 26-27.
  The deadline for submissions from association presidents is March 22.
  Margaret Coderre-Williams, ACTR/ARTC member from the U.of Ottawa, has
kindly agreed to attend this meeting on behalf of the Association, but
she would appreciate as much input as we can provide her -- as would I.

The timelines are as follows:
March 26-27 - meeting of association presidents on Ottawa to collect and
start consolidation of views.
May 1 - submission by the Federation on an integrated analysis and
response paper to SSHRC
June 2 - Final consultation meeting at Congress (campus reps and
association presidents
Oct 29 - final report to SSHRC

I have attached pertinent documents.

Many thanks,

--
Anne F. Nothof Ph.D.
President, ACTR/ARTC

On the contrary - life - I've come to realize,
has a brilliant kind of logic.
         Morris Panych - Lawrence and Holloman

__
---