sad news about Ronald Bryden

Richard Plant rplant at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Nov 23 21:10:01 EST 2004

Hello All on Candrama:

This news will come as a terrible shock to many and is indeed sad news for all of us. Ronald Bryden, a professor dearly loved by everyone who knew him, a distinguished theatre critic and dramaturg, and a person whose wit and wisdom have been a huge influence to countless in the theatre in Canada and beyond, passed away yesterday. More eloquent and fuller tributes to him will be appearing over the next while, but in the meantime, I send this note simply to inform our community of theatre researchers. It hardly needs saying that there was only one Ronald Bryden, and his passing leaves a great void.

Richard Plant
Professor, Graduate Centre for Study of Drama
Unversity of Toronto
and
Professor Emeritus, Queen's University