SHAKESPEARE AND CANADA

Angela Rebeiro publisher at PLAYWRIGHTSCANADA.COM
Fri Oct 8 10:27:49 EDT 2004

Essays on Production, Translation and Adaptation - Ric Knowles
Publisher Peter Lang.

Playwrights Canada Press has 9 copies of this book left over from
various conferences
where we sold it. The price is $33.00 and we're offering CANDRAMA
members
the 20% discount offered at the Congress of Humanities and Social
Sciences.

If interested please FAX order to Playwrights Canada Press
215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 230
Toronto, Ontario M5T 2C7  416-408-3402
and include VISA or MASTERCHARGE #
Please be sure to ID the card being used,  and to include the expiry
date.

Shakespeare and Canada -

Brings together essays on the Stratford Festival, on Shakespeare in
Quebec, and on Canadian
dramatic adaptations of Hamlet and Othello.  The essays discuss such
major figures as Robert Lepage, Ann
Marie MacDonald, Djanet Sears, Michael O'Brien,  Ken Gass, Robin
Phillips, Marco Micone and Martine Beaulne.
Taken tgether they exlore both the role that Canada has layed in
contemporary understandings of Shakespeare, and the role that
Shakespeare has played in the
constitution of postcolonial Canadian subjectivity and nationhood.