Mahesh Dattani in Toronto

SL Jones dramalists at YAHOO.CA
Fri Apr 8 13:44:24 EDT 2005

My apologies for sending this twice, but it seems the message was garbled for some people. Hope this is readable:

An Evening With Mahesh Dattani
Rasik Arts is pleased to offer an opportunity for you to meet and greet director-actor-playwright- and filmmaker Mahesh Dattani during his first visit to Toronto for the Canadian premiere of his newest film, Morning Raga, starring Shabana Azmi. On Tuesday, April 19, we will be at the Sage Restaurant, 1033 Bay St. (2 blocks South of Bloor), at 7pm. We're providing some wine, hors d'oeuvres, and a great setting, while you mingle and meet with Mahesh.

Mahesh Dattani is India's leading English-language playwright, having won the prestigious Sahitya Akademi literary award in 1998. He runs a studio in Bangalore where he teaches playwriting, acting, and directing. His plays, Dance Like a Man, Final Solutions, and On a Muggy Night in Mumbai have been staged to critical and public acclaim all over India and abroad, including the U.S.  Rasik Arts was the first to present his work in Canada with Tara in 2004. He has taken to the screen recently as a writer and director, and his first film, Mango Souffle, won the best motion picture award at the Barcelona film festival in 2003. He is in Toronto for the ReelWorld Film Festival with Shabana Azmi, touring for the international release of his film Morning Raga. (You can check the ReelWorld website for information about their closing gala on April 17 featuring Morning Raga. www.reelworld.ca).

An Evening with Mahesh Dattani
When: Tuesday, April 19
Where: Sage Restaurant, 1033 Bay St. - 2 blocks South of Bloor St.
Advance booking is necessary: Tickets: $35

Tickets for An Evening with Mahesh Dattani available by calling:
Deborah Barretto (416) 656-0520,
Sumita Chatterjee (905) 495-5384, or
Rasik Arts (416) 654-9231