Louis Riel, a play

BOURASSA ANDRE G bourassa.andre_g at UQAM.CA
Thu Jan 20 17:47:54 EST 2005

Bonjour!
Massicotte wrot that Brazeau did translate a play called _Riel_, a drama
in four acts (_Bulletin des recherches historiques_, n° 33, 1917, p. 63.
Étienne Duval [and Jean Laflamme], in their _Anthologie thématique du
théâtre québécois du XIXe siècle_ published a few scenes from two other
_Riel_, without mentioning if they were translations or not.
They are:
BAYÈR, Charles, et E. Parage, _Riel_,  Montréal, L¹Étendard, 1885.
PAQUIN, Elzéar, _Riel_,  Montréal, Beauchemin, 1886.
Brazeau made his début as an amateur player in a troupe where there were a
few law students. Among them, Adolphe Chapleau, who was to become the
produreur of the Métis.
André G. Bourassa, professeur associé
 École supérieure de théâtre, U ÀM.