Studying ritual & trance

Don Rubin drubin at YORKU.CA
Sat Jan 22 13:12:43 EST 2005

hi rebecca:

funny you should ask.

york is in the process of establishing a new MA and PhD in Theatre
Studies that -- along with the usual areas of study --  includes the
possibilities of specializations in such areas as Theatre and
Health/Therapy, Theatre and Spirituality, Theatre and Social Action and
Theatre and Publishing.  It will also have a strong international
component. One of those areas should work for your colleague.

the whole thing is drawn up already in a 40 page document and is in the
final process of internal approvals. We expect it to go to the province
for approval in late spring and are hoping it will have all the
approvals it needs by late fall. that would mean it would commence
accepting students for fall '06. that may not be soon enough for your
friend but if they could wait until fall '06 it should be available.

hope this is useful.  and that it is useful for others in the field
hearing about it via this route.

best

don rubin