Forward: FIRT-IFTR 2005 Annual Conference

Bruce Kirkley Bruce.Kirkley at UCFV.CA
Wed Mar 2 12:55:10 EST 2005

MESSAGE FROM THE CONFERENCE ORGANISERS:

Dear IFTR/FIRT Members:

We are moving steadily ahead with the IFTR/FIRT 2005 conference,
Citizen Artist: Theatre, Culture, and Community, to be hosted by the
Department of Theatre and its PhD Program in Theatre and Performance
Studies here at the University of Maryland, College Park, 26 June to 2
July, 2005. You will find the general conference schedule on our web
site at  http://www.theatre.umd.edu/IFTR/ along with a great deal of
other information about the events planed for that week. We think you
will find it an exciting program and new things are being added on a
regular basses so check the web site from time to time. You can register
on line using a credit card, just click on Apply, then select the
Registration tab, or you can download the form on that page and mail it
in with your payment. The cost of registration goes up on April 1st so
do register this month.

You will also see that you can make reservations for on-campus housing
when you register.  To book hotel accommodations instead, just click on
Travel and then click on Lodging. We recommend that you stay at our Inn
and Conference Center since it is the closest hotel to the Clarice Smith
Performing Arts Center, and it has a special registration form just for
us. You can reach it from our web site or just go to:
http://www.stayatmarriott.com/IFTRConference/.
If you made a reservation earlier and did not get the $109.00
conference rate (group code IFTIFTA), please register again from this
special page, then cancel you previous registration once you are sure
you have a room at the proper rate.

If you applied to do a plenary session paper at the conference, you
should have received a formal invitation (via the email address you put
on your panel paper proposal form) between December 10th and 17th, 2004.
Those outside the USA were sent their applications first. This
invitation will have indicated if your paper was accepted or not. If you
applied and did not receive such an invitation please contact Dr. Frank
Hildy at IFTR2005 at UMD.EDU. If you applied to the New Scholars Forum, you
should have heard from Dr. Peter Eversman (P.G.F.Eversmann at uva.nl) by
February 4th. If you applied to a Working Group you should be in contact
with the convener concerning your paper.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at IFTR2005 at UMD.EDU with any
problems or questions you may have or if you need a hard copy of the
invitation. I try to reply to all emails within 3 days so if you do not
receive a reply in a week please try again just in case there has been
an email problem. (I was away February 8-15 so if you wrote to me during
that time and did not get a reply, please send your message again.) Do
understand that things are quite busy here and at times delays get
longer that we expect but I really appreciate reminders, they are a
great help.

I am very much looking forward to seeing all of you here in June. I
think you are really going to enjoy this conference.

Sincerely,
Prof. Franklin J. Hildy, Organizer
IFTR/FIRT 2005 Conference.