Factory Theatre's 35th Birthday

Janet MacKenzie jmackenz at INTERLOG.COM
Tue May 10 12:24:03 EDT 2005

Just forwarding this on behalf of the folks at Factory Theatre.

Janet MacKenzie
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Factory Theatre is pleased to invite you to our 35th birthday celebration!

Join us Saturday May 28th in our courtyard for a late-afternoon BBQ and a performance of
George F. Walker’s End of
Civilization from the extraordinary 6-play Suburban Motel Cycle.  The event kicks off at
4pm with the BBQ followed by
End of Civilization beginning at 6:30.

George F. Walker’s work has been a part of Factory from its inaugural 1970-71 season. The
Suburban Motel cycle is some
of his most celebrated works and is truly befit to celebrate Factory’s 35 years of
developing and producing some of the
best theatre in Canada.

Please come and join us!  Dine, mix and mingle with friends of the Factory, purchase
tickets to win prizes including a
Factory Season’s pass and most of all enjoy great theatre at the home of the Canadian
playwright.

Tickets for the party and End of Civilization are only $50, and can be purchased through
the Factory Theatre Box Office or
by calling 416-504-9971. You will also receive a $25 tax receipt!

For a special treat, for those eager to experience something truly unique, following End
of Civilization beginning at
9:00pm of the same evening, you can also see Adult Entertainment which takes place in the
same seedy motel as End of
Civilization.

Both plays are rich and wonderfully dark comedies featuring two highly unorthodox
undercover cops, Max and Donnie. In
Adult Entertainment, Donnie falls into a downward spiral of drunkenness and broken
relationships, while Max and a
zealous Crown lawyer embark on a sexual liaison in a misguided attempt to manipulate the
justice system. In End of
Civilization (Chalmers Award, Best New Play, 1998), Max and Donnie return to the motel to
investigate a desperate
middle-class couple, Henry and Lily, who, fearful of losing everything due to recent
corporate downsizing, may or may not
be connected to a series of murders in nearby factories.

With Walker’s trademark edgy, fast-paced style, these are funny, fierce and powerful plays
with a sharp resonance for
our time.

And to pull it all together, Ken Gass has assembled a group of heavy-hitting talent for
these productions including Brenda
Bazinet, David Ferry, Dennis O’Connor, Linda Prystawska, Jane Spidell, Jody Stevens and
Ron White.

If you wish to enjoy both shows, you will receive a $5 discount off the second show’s
regular $34 ticket price.

This party promises to be a fantastic afternoon and evening of entertainment.  We look
forward to seeing you there!

Colleen Smith, Managing Director

Darrell Cox, Special Event Chair