toronto reference library resource

david ferry/appledore productions appledor at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Oct 25 20:30:46 EDT 2005

I am passing the following along to you.

This is from Janice Lavery, a librarian at the Toronto Reference Library.
She needs feedback on whether people will use the resource she refers to. I
have, and find it quite interesting and useful..I think positive feedback
will help  guarantee that the Library remain invested in the project.

Please note that feedback is time sensitive (before November 18, 2005)
please check it out and send Janice some feedback.

daf

The Canadian Theatre Record – an inquiry

Thank you to the members of the CanDrama email list – I’m approaching  you
about the Canadian Theatre Record, the unique website of Canadian theatre
information and images.  It can be found at

http://canadiantheatrerecord.torontopubliclibrary.ca

The Toronto Public Library launched the CTR in 2002, after

developing it for more than a year, with the support of a large grant from

Canadian Heritage.   We didn't receive second year funding for it and as a
result, the site has not had much new material added to it.   This is not a
good state of affairs for the library, the site or for our sponsors or
users.

One bright spot is that the CTR is being migrated to a new technical
environment (November, 2005), which will mean the look of the site and its
functionality is improved, making it easier to search and use.

I’m a librarian from the Toronto Reference Library  Performing Arts Centre.

My task is to prepare a  project review for the Toronto Public Library, to
try to determine the future of the CTR.  Part of my job is to assess what
kind of use we can expect a rejuvenated CTR to attract.  Not surprisingly,
the use has been quite low, to date, for a variety of reasons.

This brings me to the point of this communication:  may I ask you to answer
a few questions about your interest in the CTR and your past or future use
of it ?

As theatre professionals and academics, your input would be extremely
valuable. Any comments you can pass on to me will be very much appreciated.
Either email or phone replies are fine.

  a.. Are you aware of the CTR ?

  a.. Have you used it ?

  a.. Would this site be useful to you ?

  a.. If yes, for what kinds of reasons ?

  a.. If no, why not ?

  a.. Do you think you will you use it in the future ?  would you recommend
it to students ?

  a.. If no, why not ?

  a.. What else would you like to see on this site ?

  a.. Do you have any suggestions to help us further the project ?

Thanks so much for your time.  Your response would be most useful if it is
received before November 18.

Please reply to :

Janice Lavery

Dept. Head, Special Projects

Toronto Reference Library

789 Yonge Street

Toronto, Ont

M4W 2G8

Tel:     416-393-7502

           416-397-5982

email:

jlavery at torontopubliclibrary.ca

                        APES  Thaumaturgy with Dramaturgy

                        David Ferry
                        Actor/Director/Appledore Prods./Resurgence
Consulting Director  Appledore Productions/Resurgence Theatre Company
                        appledor at sympatico.ca  tel:
                              fax:
                              mobile:  4164651319
                              416 465 6740
                              416 433 5826

            Add me to your address book... Want a signature like this?