Locked out CBC Employees Raise Money for Foodbank

Allan Boss allangboss at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 7 12:04:14 EDT 2005

Please distirbute this to any list you belong to.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Locked-out employees of CBC present:

CBC CALGARY unplugged
A Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank Fundraiser hosted by
Shelagh Rogers

More than 5,500 employees of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation have been locked-out since August 15, 2005. Right now, we are unable to do what we love and believe in the most: to support and promote the works and talents of Canadian artists.

Each year during the month of December, employees of CBC Calgary help raise funds for the Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank. Last year, we are proud to say that we surpassed our goal of $500,000. With the current lock-out, itÂ’s unclear whether CBC employees will be able to contribute to this vital community initiative.

We, the locked-out employees of CBC Calgary, are holding a benefit concert night called, CBC CALGARY unplugged- a Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank Fundraiser.

The event is being held in the lobby of the Jack Singer Concert Hall, EPCOR Centre for the Performing Arts on Monday, September 12, 2005. Acts include Jack Semple, The Fates, Tariq, Tom Phillips, Mooky from Cirque du Soleil, Sheri-D Wilson and a lot more!

The evening will be hosted by Shelagh Rogers, locked-out host of CBC Radio One's Sounds Like Canada and will feature locked-out CBC personalities including David Gray, Catherine McClelland, Katherine Duncan and others. Admission to this fun and casual event is by donation only. Both non-perishable food items and/or cash are gladly accepted. There will also be a cash bar available.

Come down and show your support for locked-out CBC employees, Canadian artists and the Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank!

All proceeds go directly to the Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank.

For more information, contact:

Ken Lima-Coelho
Locked out CBC Producer
403.689.8590