Tenure Track Position at Concordia

Edward Little elittle at ALCOR.CONCORDIA.CA
Wed Jan 18 14:05:48 EST 2006

Department of Theatre

CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY

FACULTY OF FINE ARTS

DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE

TENURE-TRACK POSITION

The Department of Theatre at Concordia University is embarking on an
exciting period of renewal.  We currently offer undergraduate programming
and we are in the process of developing an MFA in Interdisciplinary
Performance. We are seeking an interesting combination of artist/scholar to
teach undergraduate and graduate students, and to assist in the development
and implementation of the new MFA.  We are inviting applications for a
tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor starting on August
1, 2006, pending budgetary approval.

In addition to expertise in the area of Theatre Performance, we will give
preference to applicants with experience in one or more of the following
areas: performance theory, performance art and directing.  Candidates should
have a terminal degree (MFA or PhD), or in the case of senior artists, a
significant body of professional work.  Candidates should have experience
and demonstrated excellence in scholarship and teaching at the university
level, and expertise in non-western forms will be considered an asset.
Successful candidates will be expected to develop and maintain productive
research profiles leading to external funding and/or collaborations.

Applications, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae and three
letters of reference should be sent to Chair, Department of Theatre,
Concordia University, 7141 Sherbrooke St. West, Montreal, QC, H4B 1R6..
Deadline for receipt of applications is March 15, 2006.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity.

Edward Little
Interim Chair
Department of Theatre
Concordia University