Theatre in the Americas series & ACTR at York

Denis Salter denis.salter at MCGILL.CA
Mon May 1 15:52:19 EDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

During the ACTR conference, I would be happy to talk to you about prospective manuscripts for the Theatre in the Americas series, edited by Robert A. Schanke, and published by Southern Illinois UP. The aim of the series is to publish a wide range of scholarship on theatre and performance in the Americas. Theatre is defined in broad terms and includes subjects that encompass all of the Americas.

The series focuses on the performance and production of theatre and theatre artists and practitioners but welcomes studies of dramatic literature as well. The series invites studies of traditional, experimental, and ethnic forms of theater; celebrations, festivals, and rituals that perform culture; and acts of civil disobedience that are performative in nature. The series is interested in biographies of individuals, histories of theatre companies, studies of cultural traditions, and collections of plays.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me before the conference.

--Denis Salter.

"When a people forget a language, they forfeit the heart of who they
are and the ability to comprehend the stories that are central to their
cultural, spiritual and emotional health."--Keren Rice.
"That's what hybrids were invented for: survival in changing ecologies."--Lisa Doolittle
"To celebrate this award, and the work it recognizes of those around the world, let me recall the words of Gandhi: 'My life is my message.' Also, plant a tree."  Wangari Maathai, winner of the 2004 Nobel Prize for Peace.

Denis Salter
Professor of Theatre
McGill University
853 Sherbrooke St. West