Books for review and reviewers for Studies in Theatre and Performance

Denis Salter denis.salter at MCGILL.CA
Mon May 15 15:59:53 EDT 2006

Dear Colleagues, as a follow up from my email last week about Studies in Theatre and Performance's interest in receiving articles for vetting by Canadian theatre scholars writing about both Canadian and non-Canadian theatre / performance topics, here is a request from STP's book review editor, Professor Rebecca Loukes. (She, like the co-editors of STP, Peter Thomson and Lesley Wade, is at the University of Exeter.) --Denis Salter.

Information from Studies in Theatre and Performance

We are in the process of attempting to raise the profile of book reviews in Studies in
Theatre and Performance.  Therefore, could I ask authors to arrange with their publishers to have a review copy of forthcoming publications sent to me at STP?  This way I can keep up to date with new work.

I would also like to take the opportunity to update the list of potential willing reviewers for STP.  If you would like to be considered as a reviewer please email me (R.M.Loukes at ex.ac.uk) your contact mailing address, affiliation and areas of interest.

Thanks very much,
Rebecca

Dr Rebecca Loukes
Department of Drama
School of Performance Arts
University of Exeter
Thornlea, New North Road
Exeter, EX4 4LA, UK
01392 262 334
______________
____________________________________
"In 2005, the world . . . pass[ed] the trillion-dollar mark in the expenditure, annually, on arms. We're fighting for $50 billion annually for foreign aid for Africa: the military total outstrips human need by 20 to 1. Can someone please explain to me our contemporary balance of values?"--Stephen Lewis.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"To celebrate this award, and the work it recognizes of those around the world, let me recall the words of Gandhi: 'My life is my message.' Also, plant a tree."  Wangari Maathai, winner of the 2004 Nobel Prize for Peace.

Denis Salter
Professor of Theatre
McGill University
853 Sherbrooke St. West