Notes from Monday's performance at ACTR

Kim Solga ksolga at UWO.CA
Wed May 31 09:55:41 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Just a couple of quick follow-ups to Monday's performance at the
Distillery.

First, Christopher Kelk, our intrepid actor, wanted me to let
everyone know that he will be appearing in Driftwood Theatre's
production of _Winter's Tale_ in  (and around) Toronto this summer.
The venues are Trinity Bellwoods Park and Earl Bales Park, and more
information can be had at www.driftwoodtheatre.com.

Second, the writing team of Linda Turner, Stephen Seaborn and Kim
Hume have asked me to pass along a request for feedback, along with
their contact information. As none of them are professional writers,
nor have written for the stage/for performance before, they are keen
for our thoughts, comments, critiques and advice as professional
scholars, dramaturgs, directors and performers. I'm including their
request below, along with their contact information. If you are
willing and able to give them your thoughts, please get in touch with
them directly.

And thanks once more to all of you who attended ACTR this year; it
was a terrific event, and Laura, Natalie, Judith, Andy and I could
not have been more thrilled with your responses!

Best wishes,
Kim

 From the Red Brick Historical Society

We were delighted to have so many member of ACTR accompany us on our
walk with Dennis Keliher around Tornoto's Distillery District and
Corktown Monday evening.  We enjoyed the opportunity to meet and talk
with many of you at the reception and dinner.  You are all engaged in
such interesting work!

We realize that this is a tremendous opportunity for us to learn from
scholars in many disciplines related to the theatre.  As we plan to
further develop "A People's History: Distilled" -- and are also
currently working on a new historical production-- we would very much
appreciate receiving any feedback you can provide on any and all
aspects of Monday evening's performance.

Thank you again for going along with Dennis and us on our evening
stroll through the 19th Century and Corktown!

Our best to you all.

Linda Turner, Kim Hume and Stephen Seaborn

khume at actratoronto.com
linda12 at primus.ca
stephenseaborn at yahoo.co.uk