Evaluating Research in the Fine Arts

Marlis Schweitzer schweit at YORKU.CA
Sun Nov 26 09:06:08 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm part of a research and awards committee for the Faculty of Fine Arts at York
University. Right now we're interested in expanding traditional definitions of
"research" in the Fine Arts by considering the wide range of activities that
scholar/practitioners are engaged in both at York and at other institutions
across Canada.

I would be very grateful if you could share your thoughts on how theatre/
performance research is evaluated at your home institutions. What kinds of
measures are in place to judge the output/ impact of your work?

Any thoughts you have on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Marlis Schweitzer
Assistant Professor
Department of Theatre