One Reed in the News

Daniel Mroz dmroz at UOTTAWA.CA
Fri Oct 27 09:41:10 EDT 2006

Dear Friends,

Much to our surprise and delight, One Reed Theatre was named Best Young
Ensemble by Toronto's Now Magazine yesterday:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2006-10-26/guide_story.php

We'd like to thank you again for all for the support you've offered us and
we look forward to sharing our next performance with you all.

Best regards,

Daniel Mroz, for One Reed.

Best young ensemble

ONE REED THEATRE

Some companies go off the rails with the creation style, but One Reed -- who
perform their own group-devised plays -- debuted memorably in last August's
SummerWorks with Nor The Cavaliers Who Come With Us. Audience members sat
onstage to make a wonderfully visceral connection with the cast, whose
script relied on surprising visuals, music and an intriguing text that
paralleled Mexican colonization in the 16th century and today.