Faculty Position in Theatre

Bruce Kirkley Bruce.Kirkley at UCFV.CA
Thu Sep 21 14:30:06 EDT 2006

University College of the Fraser Valley

Faculty Position in Theatre

Posting: 2006.94
Start Date: August 1, 2007 (subject to funding)
Closing Date: December 1, 2006

The University College of the Fraser Valley, with nearly 10,000
students annually pursuing more than 80 degree, diploma and certificate
programs, is committed to teaching excellence. Our foundation for
academic excellence is small class sizes, support for active research
and scholarship, and a friendly supportive environment open to
collaboration and innovation.

The Department of Theatre invites applications for one (1) full-time
faculty position in Theatre to begin August 2007.

The department seeks applicants who can teach at all levels of the
curriculum (primarily acting, performance and theatre studies) and can
direct productions for our annual seasons of theatre. The candidate will
thrive in a teaching-oriented university and department while also
engaging in active research and/or scholarly activity and contributing
to department administrative and committee work.

Qualifications:

Candidates are required to hold an MFA or PhD in Theatre and
demonstrate evidence of successful post-secondary teaching.

Sample syllabi, three letters of reference and evidence of degrees will
be required by the closing date.

Direct curriculum vitae or resume including evidence of appropriate
qualifications by December 1, 2006, referring to POSTING 2006.94 to:

Employee Services
University College of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ucfv.ca
Email resumes to: erinfo at ucfv.ca

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians
and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both
environmentally and fiscally responsible, UCFV will contact only
candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for
considering UCFV for employment.

UCFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.

UCFV Theatre Website: http://www.ucfv.ca/theatre.htm