Congress 2007 Banquet and tickets

Moira Day mjd707 at MAIL.USASK.CA
Thu May 10 18:53:08 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,
	This is just a message for anyone planning to come to Congress 2007
in Saskatoon

Banquet:
	As mentioned in earlier messages, our banquet will be a barbecue
held at Wanuskewin Heritage Park. We will arrive at 4:30, and people
can spend an hour going down the walking trails, viewing the art
gallery, exhibits, etc. Dinner is at 6:00 on the patio and adjoining
banquet room.  The menu is:

Honey and Garlic basted Bison rib eye steak
Wanuskewin Field Greens with Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette & Sun Dried
Tomatoes
Rosemary Infused Potato Salad with Chipotle Mayo
Garlic and Herb bannock
Corn on the cob

An optional vegetarian main course will also be served upon advance
request

The cost of the banquet will be $45.00 for regular delegates with a
limited number of  student tickets for $25.00.

In other years, people have had some leeway in ordering and paying
for banquet tickets upon arrival at the conference. This year, our
time is shorter than usual and Wanuskewin has asked for a definite
head count by May 16th, though final numbers can be adjusted until
Thursday May 24th. I will reserve 50 positions until May 24th. Beyond
that date, all unclaimed spots will be cancelled and no further
orders will be taken.  All orders for the vegetarian alternative also
need to be in by that date. All tickets confirmed by May 24th MUST be
paid for by the morning of May 27th.

"Songs of a Prairie Girl" Tickets
	" Songs of a Prairie Girl", Jim Guedo's multi-media celebration of
the life, art and music of Saskatchewan icon, Joni Mitchell, will be
playing on May 28th-31st in the South Studio space in the John
Mitchell building. The space holds only 90 seats so seating is
limited. Tickets can be bought at the Place Riel ticket office on the
U of S campus from May 22nd on. All tickets are 15.00 and must be
purchased in person at the ticket office or at the door. Anyone
wishing to have a ticket for the 28th purchased on May 22nd should
speak to me in person.

EVEN IF YOU HAVE ASKED ABOUT TICKETS TO EITHER OF THESE BEFORE,
PLEASE TALK TO ME ABOUT IT AGAIN JUST TO REMIND ME WHAT WE HAVE
AGREED ON

West-words Conference
Just a reminder that the West-words conference will be running May
24th-26th in Saskatoon. Registration is 65.00, 30.00 for one day,
students and underemployed, 25.00 Website at
:http://www.ualberta.ca/~normang/WestWords_conf2007.html. It will
also work on google if you type in Day West-words.

Information on the ACTR/RTAC conference can be found in the
newsletter and at http://www.ualberta.ca/~normang/ACTR%2064%20-%
20program.html

See you in Saskatoon!

Moira