[Fwd: Help Support alt.theatre]

Anne Nothof annen at ATHABASCAU.CA
Fri Feb 22 16:52:41 EST 2008

I am writing in the hope that we might enlist your support to ensure the
continued publication of alt.theatre: cultural diversity and the stage,
    Canada’s only theatre journal examining intersections between
politics, cultural plurality, social activism, and the stage.

March 1st is the Canada Council for the Arts deadline for application to
the Art and Literary Magazine fund, and alt.theatre needs this funding
to continue publication. To qualify for this grant we must achieve a
minimum base of 251 paid subscribers. At present, we are a mere 49
subscriptions short of this target.

We are appealing to you, your friends, and colleagues in your various
roles as academics, theatre artists, librarians, and advocates of
Canadian arts and culture.  If you know people who would be interested
in subscribing to alt.theatre, please forward the attached Subscription
Form to them. You might also consider taking out a gift subscription for
someone you know who would appreciate alt.theatre’s significant
contribution to a uniquely Canadian perspective on cultural diversity
and the arts.

Interested parties can return the attached Subscription Form by fax or
regular mail, they can email their requests to info at teesriduniya.com and
we will invoice them, or they can call us at 514.848.0238 to order a
subscription.

Every single subscription is a significant gain for us.

On behalf of editors Edward Little and Denis Salter, thank you for your
consideration of this urgent matter.

Linda Levesque
Development and Marketing
alt.theatre: cultural diversity and the stage

altSubFormFeb22.pdf